Onyinyechi Nmecha is the Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Extraclass — a digital platform that offers a flexible, pocket-friendly, just in time conducive learning and teaching environment for individuals especially students from its library of hosted courses taught by expert instructors or by hiring professional home tutors, automated prep-test engine and school listing system, with or without internet connection. Extraclass.ng’s focus is on boasting educational productivity, increasing the standard of living, promoting Knowledge and skill acquisition as well as joining in the fight to drastically reduce unemployment in Africa.
Prior to building Extraclass, Onyinyechi was engaged with offline tutoring and provision of Extraclass(es) for kids, College students, course mates as well as other clients and friends both within and in distant locations. Part of what gave birth to building the Extraclass.ng platform is the increasing demand of Home tutors/tutoring in south eastern part of Nigeria as the idea was ignited due to more tutoring services request by her clients who wishes she renders her services from and to all parts of the country. Being a computer science undergraduate, she thought about how to leverage digital tools to solve this all important societal challenge.
Being a student member of the Nigeria Computer Society, She has had the opportunity to speak both at their national and international annual conferences. An opportunity which are given to a very privileged members of the association. Being a seasoned speaker, she has also spoken on diverse topics at several conferences, seminars and events especially where technology is involved.
Onyinyechi was selected as a 2019 Alumunus of The Tony Elumelu Entreprenuership (TEF) program after reviewing how Extraclass can be used as a dual tool to boast educational productivity and drastically reduce unemployment in Africa.
In 2019, Onyinyechi was also selected as one of the two delegates who were shortlisted to represent Nigeria at the 2019 Grace Hopper Celebration – (the world’s largest gathering of women technologists) which happened between Oct. 1– 4 2019 in Orlando, FL. United States of America.
As a 2019 Grace Hopper Scholar, she has also been selected to join the application review team of the Grace Hopper Fellows.
Awards & Recognitions
- 2020 – GHC review committee Member.
- 2020 – Best Graduating Student (Computer Science Department), Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka.
- 2019 – Youth Innovation Award by the Nigeria Computer Society (NCS)
- 2019 – Super Woman Under-30 Awardee 2019
- 2019 – 2019 Grace Hopper (GHC) Scholar.
- 2019 – .ng Awards Nominee.
- 2018 – .ng Awards Nominee.
- 2019 Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program Alumnus.
- 2017 – NACOSS-VOGUEPAY Software Challenge
- 2017 – Taiwo Bankole N1, 000,000.00 Award.
- 2017 – First Runner up, Don Etibeth 2017 Innovation Challenge.
- 2017 – Finalist, #StartupSouth’s Startup Challenge.
- 2017 – Business Plan Challenge by the National Youth Council of Nigeria, Anambra State Chapter.
- 2019 – National Vice President, Nigeria Association of Computer Science Students.
- CEO & CoFounder, Extraclass Nigeria Limited (Extraclass.ng).
- Coach, Startup Anambra.
- WTM (Women Tech Makers) Lead, GDG Awka.
- Founder, She Tech East.
- 2018 – Female Cordinator, Nigeria Association of Computer Science Students (Nacoss) South-East.
- 2018 – Campus Director, HULT Prize Unizik
We provide innovative educational solutions for continuous learning improvements, in order to meet the aspiring goals of executives and participants; we offer the platform to help you access a diverse range of professional courses and expert tutors at a pocket-friendly prices.